Sunday, June 05, 2005

60 mins on Sunday

Gnome slept in today while I went for an easy 60 mins run. It was lovely and clear and not too cold. I reflected on my week and thought of Kellie from run club who is going to Melbourne. We will miss her enthusiasm and the laughs we had. Also thought about the people we have met thru Run club, CR and Striders. They are a very encouraging group and it's great to share their running adventures. Love to hear their PB's esp 26miles who is closest to our age :-). He's so enthusiastic.

As for my run. Well, about halfway it was turning into a nasty shuffle. Tim, once said it took no more effort to pick up the cadence and increase the clawback, so now was a good time to try out his theory. I had to really think about it and wasn't entirely comfortable but I decided to persevere past the first few 100ms through to the end of the run (another 5k). I enjoyed the experiment and at times I felt as I was moving faster without my breathing getting heavier. Think I need to do some more work in this area. TA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home