Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Get well Tim

This is a *really* quick one, 'cause it's stupidly late (again). Went to run club tonight instead of the normal Thursday, on account of microTA's band recital on that night, only to find out that Tim had gone to hospital with Pneumonia (aack!). This is commonly known as Not A Good Thing. Tim, take it easy, have a good rest, stop eating so many lollies and get well soon. :-)

Now, put a bunch of runners together and what do they do? Go running of course. We headed off around the bay, breaking pretty much immediately into two groups. I went with the faster one, and it was just a marvellous run. Not so fast that I couldn't breathe, but fast enough to make talking moderately laboured. We stopped and regrouped at the canal, where half decided to go straight back, while five of us did the dog-park deviation. We ran in a train, where every couple of minutes the back runner would sprint to the front and take over leading. We did the two-and-a-bit k's up and back at about a (guessed at) 4:30 pace. Truly fun running :-)

I was leading when we went up the ramp and over the bridge, and then someone wisely called a halt at Montage. We took it easy back to the park (especially over the badlands - there was no moon, no light, nothing), finishing the 9+ km in 48minutes. Given the slow badlands and the wait at the bridge, I'm very happy with the run as it's probably the fastest that I've ever done over that distance. I run 3 & 5k time trials at my own pace, but I want to run anything longer with tigerangel, which means that I run at a fraction slower than my fastest (although the fraction is getting smaller by the day - won't be long till she's dragging me around :-)

Mood? Happy as larry. Pleased as punch. Like a puppy in a street full of lamp posts :-)

sfG

1 Comments:

At 11:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks bruce! I'm impressed that you guys got into formation and did the rolling session, that's what i was gonning to do anyway! you're gonna put me out of a job.
see you
tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home