Monday, August 07, 2006

Waiting, waiting...

We've been having internet problems at home, so this necessarily brief update is coming from work. Dr Pain says that my ankle issue is inflammation of the tendon that lifts the front of the foot (kinda like an anti-archilles :-)). His scary comment was "you have a predisposition to soft tissue injuries in the lower legs". I think another translation of that could be "see you next week, and next month, and next year..." (ouch!). In fact, this is the first time that I've seen him since April, so I mustn't have been trying hard enough :-)

Anyhow, he said to massage it a lot (his actual words were "really hack into it"), ice it lots, don't run more than 10km & see you on Friday. I ran 5k with tiger angel yesterday (love it!) and again by myself this morning, and it didn't feel any worse at the end of the run than it did at the beginning. Unfortunately, it didn't feel any better either.

I think that I'll rest it tomorrow morning, see how it goes with a 10k on Wednesday, but leave it until Friday's discussion with Dr Pain before deciding on C2S (I've realised that I really, really want to do it, though I'm not exactly sure why! :-)

Gnome

3 Comments:

At 7:13 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Fingers crossed you get to do C2S. I suppose if worse comes to worse you can walk/run it. Or would that still aggravate the problem?

 
At 9:08 pm, Blogger Jen said...

I'm sorry to say (for both of us) that your lower legs sound like mine!

Take care of yourself & I hope to see you on Sunday

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Hope you get to the C2S. I think most runners are prone to lower leg injuries aren't they:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home