Sunday, February 04, 2007

The curse of Dr Kuah...

Actually, there's no curse; I just like the sound of the title :-)

I'm off to the aforementioned doctor tomorrow for scans to make sure that I don't have a bulging disk or something like that. Something is playing havoc with the nerves running down my left leg, making life generally less than comfortable. I feel fine when I'm sitting, but unfortunately no one ever got terribly fit by sitting a lot! In the last couple of days, I've had a few good hours, so maybe things are settling down. So, till I know what's happening, I'll just keep swimming (wasn't it lucky that after all these years, I'd finally plucked up the courage to ask to be taught just before this all happened) and we'll wait...

Gnome

p.s. Of course, the worst part of this is that I can't, in all good conscience, whinge about it after all that tiger angel has been through. That doesn't mean that I don't whinge; it just means that I can't do it in good conscience ;-) :-)

Now, speaking of tiger angel...

3 Comments:

At 10:09 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

You can whinge - just not in front of her ;)

Hope it settles down soon - I don't think swimming from Megalong Road would be in the spirit of the event.

 
At 10:24 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

What a great attitude. You are too good Gnomey :-)

Good luck at the docs tomorrow. Make sure you blog and let us know how you get on.

 
At 11:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gnome, if it is a bulging disc as you suspect, hunt down a good physio that deals just with back injury rehab. My wife has just been through this and is pain free and actually running and working out as part of her rehab program. Her disc bulge was confirmed on MRI but she has learnt to engage all the supporting core muscles and has exercises that effectively decompress the disc. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home