Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The fun-est kind of morning

I had such a fun morning this morning (Wednesday). Tiger angel had a client session locally at 6:15, so she was going to get home about 7:30 before going out for her own session. Consequently, I headed out at 7am for a 1/2 hour AT run (5.5k at 4:40 pace), and then went with TA for hers. 2.5k warm up jog down to the oval, then 2 x 800 at AT pace with a 400 walk recovery. 400m splits were 2:08, 2:10, 2:09, 2:11, so you're not going to get much more even than that. She walked home while I ran (2k @5:05 pace). Actually, I walked with her for the first 500m or so, though I'm not sure whether it was because I was tired or because I love walking with her :-)

I don't really know what it was, but mixing the session up like that; starting with AT, then a slow jog, then TA's ATs and finally my run home was both really wearying and a whole bunch of fun at the same time. Maybe it was the fun of the different, maybe it was having TA around, maybe it was both. Either way, top morning.

Working back through the week, we both went swimming on Tuesday (1.5k for me, 1k for TA) and we did a nice 5.5k @ 6:45 pace on Monday evening (when it had cooled down a bit!).

TA created a new type of CR5k challenge on Saturday. She created the CR3k challenge, but driving around to Rodd Point and starting from the 2k mark. Her 3k time was 17:20, which is super pleasing for where she's been. Told you she was coming back! :-) I managed 21:23 as well (with the able pacing assistance of CR Vurt), which chops another 20 seconds off the old PBP-PB. Both especially happy given the strength of the WIND!

Gnome

3 Comments:

At 7:02 am, Blogger Jen said...

That does sound like a great morning!

Wonderful to hear that you both were happy with the CR5/3k challenges. Gnome, congrats on the latest PBP-PB. Soon you'll be able to drop the PBP part!

PS R said to say thank you for all your messages

 
At 8:06 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I suspect it was because of the latter :)

The 3k challenge - I like it! TA is going well (and not bad for yourself either).

 
At 9:02 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

TA and her AT ... now I'm sure you could do something with that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home