Sunday, June 18, 2006

A run with the mad men :-)

Only one run this weekend. I hopped up (late) on Saturday morning (I'd been up watching the AFL till 1am) and decided on the spur of the moment to try and find the blokes running PMC and run with them for a while. I aimed to catch them on Bobbin Head Rd, run with them through the national park and then double back around through Hornsby to make up a 25k run (with lots of lovely(!!??) hills). Alas, home chores delayed me a little, and I missed them, so I drove around to the other entrance, said g'day to Belinda & Tim who were waiting patiently for Horrie, and ran into the park.

I found Truckie, Horrie, Virtual & two others about 1.5k in. We ran together up through Mt Colah to the Lilly Pond Farm, where I left them to head back to 2P who I knew was somewhere behind. I went with him for some way past the lilly ponds, and then headed back.

Given that they were all aiming to run 90k and I was only looking for 25, their pace was a fraction slower than I would normally aim for, so I picked it up going home. Even then, it was still probably the slowest 23k I've ever done - 2:30 on the dot!

I can state categorically and without a shadow of a doubt that there is no way that I am ever going to attempt to run 90k - end of story. However, it was a lovely morning for a run, and it was great to run with the mad men for a little way :-) :-) (Oh, and I got to meet Virtual for the first time too).

Gnome

2 Comments:

At 9:39 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

You can't meet Virtual! Then he becomes real. I just look at the photo's. A hilly run for a 20k sunday run.

 
At 6:49 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Thanks for your support on the day Bruce - it was very much appreciated - and not just for the running either ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home