Thursday, June 01, 2006

201 and counting...

I just noticed that we have 200 posts in the blog. Quite a surprise really. Well, it's 201 now :-)

Nice steady week, getting back into the groove. Tuesday morning early, TA, Angela & I crawled out from our respective warm beds - not easy - and started on one of our patented "wonder what we'll do this morning" runs. We did the first 3.5k at about 6 minute pace, chatting about Angela's great run at the half, and then TA turned to walk home. Ange and I were just heading in the other direction when it started to rain, so we turned and found ourselves at the bottom of our "hill reps" hill. Too much fun to ignore, so rain or no rain, we decided to do a few. Didn't time them; just did them for fun :-). Three reps were enough, then we just made it up to about 9.5k, doing the post hill work at about 5:45. Easy chatty stuff. Even though tiger angel finished up at 3.5k, she sounded and looked good the whole way. Millimeter by millimeter, things are getting better.

Wednesday - I just headed out for a midweek marathon pace(-ish) run - 15.5k in 82 minutes. Comfortable and happy, though I felt a bit weary during the day. Post-marathon lack of training catching up with me I guess.

Thursday - ride to work - fine - then Run Club tonight. 4x 800 (splits 3:18, 3:13, 3:16, 3:12 - funny part was that I could have sworn that I slowed down after the first one) followed by 3x callan park hill (splits 1:02, 1:00, dns due to running to amenities instead :-)). Happy with the night, but I'll be even happier to have a rest tomorrow.

Strider's 10k at Lane Cove on Saturday. Tiger Angel will be on catcher's duty, so I get to run and fall into her arms at the end. Sounds like bliss :-)
__________________

On this day, 22 years ago, we pushed and dragged #1 son (Macro TA) into the world. That sweet little baby has become an intelligent, responsible, capable adult, of whom both his parents are very proud. Comes of having a great mother, I guess :-) :-)

Gnome

2 Comments:

At 10:29 am, Blogger allrounder said...

happy birthday to Marco TA...

sounds like TA is definitely getting there (yay)...

 
At 7:32 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

HB Macro! Sound like you guys have done a fantastic job.
I'm glad to hear you're both running again without too many problems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home