Friday, April 07, 2006

'ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...

My back problems have pretty well been sorted. All I have remaining is a right proper pain in the calf. I did a couple of 5.5k runs on Tuesday and Wednesday (one at LSD pace and the other at 1/2M pace), and in both cases my calf gave me curry. After the 5k it wasn't getting any worse, but it wasn't getting any better either. The sainted Dr Pain has been working on it for a couple of weeks. He assures me that it isn't life-threatening and I'm not going to do any damage by running on it, so if you see me limping, just whack me around the head and tell me it's all in the mind :-)

Well, it's almost time. 5 Months ago I decided to do this crazy thing, and here I am. If the journey is the destination, then it's been a good journey. I can honestly say that I know much more about myself and my body that I did when I started. About the only thing that remains a total unknown is what happens when I fall off the edge of 32km? Is it like the old maps used to say - Here There Be Dragons? I hope I'll find out on Sunday...

Gnome

7 Comments:

At 1:12 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Great to hear the back is sorted St Gnome slayer of dragons!

Have a ball mate and enjoy it - can't wait to read the report of your success ;-)

 
At 2:30 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Gnomey.... we have ARRIVED!!!! Can you believe it! I can't wait to see evryone tommorow it is very exciting. I am particularly looking forward to you peeling off that bubblewrap and having a great run! Remember whatever happens you have put your best in and that is all that matters!!! So... ere we go,ere we go, ere we go....

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger miners said...

Congratulations on the fantastic preparation gnomey and all the very best for a good Sunday. It will be wonderful to hear of the stories coming out of the day.

And a special huge big thank you to both of you for all your support over my last few months of training. It's been wonderful to have you there keeping watch over my shoulder - and especially for your kind offers for Alex. I really appreciated your thoughts.

Oh, and TA ... hope I didn't cause any kleenex shortages over there. What a lovely comment you left me. Had tears myself reading what you wrote. Thank you

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Gee its been a worry but thank god you made it in the end. Good luck on Sunday mate !

 
At 6:39 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

You're going to enjoy it so much that this time on Sunday you'll be planning the next one.

See ya tomorrow :-)

 
At 1:20 am, Blogger Bennyr said...

Gnome,

In my limited experience there are dragons, but I have little doubt of your ability to slay them.

Here we go,
Ben

 
At 1:38 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Someone had better call in the RSPCA 'cause those dragons are in serious trouble.

I'll be thinking on you on Sunday morning - can't wait to read the report :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home