Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Was it really Tuesday?

Last Thursday was RunClub and we did a track session. I'm slower than last year but it was good to realise at the end I had done every bit and the achilles pulled up well. Breathing was hard though. Friday was a rest day and Saturday saw an early PT session. It was an endurance wts session and interval training on the bike. Sunday morning required a sleep in and with the heat of the day Gnome and I headed out for a run about 7.30pm. I'm finding it hard coming back to the running after such a long break but managed 3.3k in my 20 mins. Circumstances turned Monday into a rest day as well.

Tuesday for the last few months has been my worst day of the week. I wake up feeling dreadful and drag myself around to get the house cleaning done. I hate Tuesdays but about 10am yesterday I realised it was Tuesday and I had done a 20min run ( a block further than Sunday) followed by a good wts session at the gym and not my normal 'how easy can I make this because I'm too sore and tired session'. I was so excited when I realised this that I rang Gnome and messaged Tim. Now 3 of us were pleased :-). Mind you, very tired last night.

Today I did 30mins on the windtrainer and later met Wildthing at Homebush for a road cycle. Showed her lots of new paths around the area and we finished off with well deserved smoothies. A very pleasant morning.

TA

3 Comments:

At 10:06 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

It's really hard coming back after a break. I had tired legs today just from running 35 mins yesterday! Glad to see you're feeling better too. I'm sure Dr Ludka's drugs are kicking in for met too.

 
At 4:12 pm, Blogger 2P said...

3.3k in 20 mins is about the best I can ever do - well done TA great to see you "coming back" keep it up!

:-)

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Jen said...

So glad to hear that you are on your way back TA. It is really hard to come back after such a long break; I'm doing the same thing at the moment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home