Thursday, March 02, 2006

Back in the saddle

Well, Dr Pain might have said that I was OK to continue, but I must admit that I wasn't sure he was right. Hence, on Tuesday morning Angela and I went for a nice 10k at about 6 minute pace. Not exactly pushing it... :-) The leg felt a little uncomfortable for the first 5 k's, but it was never bad.

Wednesday, and still feeling unsure, I just did a 14k at 5:00 pace. Nice and comfortable, and less twinges. Good...

Tonight (Thursday), Run Club was called off because of the inclement weather, so TA and Vat Lady headed off in one direction around the bay, and a group of us went the other. TA and Vat Lady weren't aiming on doing the whole bay, on account of TA is still on an on/off regime for no more than 10 minutes at a time. It'd take a while to get around the bay at that rate :-)

Anyhow, we all ran together until we got to the Dog loop. Christie headed straight back from there while the rest of us did the dog loop. The rest headed back at that point, leaving Dilli and I to run the bay in the opposite direction. Pleasant chat (he's very encouraging about my Marathon training) which made the run pass in double quick time. All up 13k, being 5k at 6 minute pace, 2k at 5:30, and the remainder at 5 minute. Leg whinged a little at the start, but fine after that, so definitely appears to be surviving the beating. Looks like I might have to venture on to the hills a little next week (but only a little!).

Looking forward to Strider's 10k on Saturday, then a 32k (haven't decided where yet) on Sunday.

Gnome

5 Comments:

At 9:19 am, Blogger Gronk said...

TA, good to see your back amoungst it and taking things carefully.

Gnome, relieved to see that you've overcome that niggle.

See you in the morning. :)

 
At 10:52 am, Blogger CJ said...

Sounds like good news.

Good luck for tomorrow's 10km.

 
At 3:18 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Glad your doing ok... careful on hills though! Big picture... got to get to the start in one peice! Not too many hills in Canberra :-)

See you tommorow. Striders on Sunday is Vaucluse... nice run :-)

 
At 3:25 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Ride-em cowboy....

GOod to see your spurs back on Gnome - enjoy the 10 and 32k respectively :-)

 
At 8:38 pm, Blogger Jen said...

I'm so sorry I haven't dropped by lately. I've missed so much!

I'm really pleased to see that you are both overcoming your injuries. I'm very happy for you both. About time I did the same I think ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home