Thursday, February 09, 2006

Now *that* was a pretty good week...

...Why couldn't I have had that week, over, & over, & over... (after Bill Murray - Groundhog Day).

Tuesday - about 3 minutes past 6am, I realised Angela wasn't coming, because she's always spot on time. I checked the phone and sure enough, there was a message. Pity. She missed a really good session. I jogged over to a local park, and walked slowly around it once to get an accurate measure on the garmin. I was aiming for 5 x 1200, and guessing that the oval was probably a bit over 400, decided on 3 laps per rep. As it turned out, 3 laps was only 1125, but I guess I'll survive without the extra 75m :-) I was aiming for 4:15 pace, but my main aim was to not slow from one rep to the next. Apart from hitting the wrong button and thus not recording one rep, and then forgetting where I was up to and doing an extra lap on the last, it all went very well.

Pace for each rep was 4:17, 4:13, N/A, 4:07 & 4:12. Very chuffed.

Wednesday - If Tuesday was good, Wednesday was even better. I couldn't run in the morning, so I headed out when I got home from work about 8:30 (if I'd thought, I could have taken gear to work and run around the bay which would have made a nice change from the local hills). Anyhow, I was aiming for a steady run, slower than tempo, but faster than easy.

It was a beautiful night, and I felt like I could have run forever. I ended up doing just under 14k at under 5:00 pace. In fact, it was only two minutes more than my C2S time that I was so chuffed about last August, and I never got beyond a steady 3-pace breathing pattern. I finished up with five sets of strides to round it out. Just one of those perfect nights :-) :-)

Thursday - Ride to work was a little slower than normal, mostly because of hitting all the traffic lights, but also because I was still a little fatigued from the previous night.

At run club, we did a rolling train around the bay (plus dog leg), and I did it naked (well, almost). I arrived late from work when they were just about ready to go. When I changed from my cycling gear, I found that I didn't have my running shoes. However, Tim never throws out a pair, so he loaned me a pair of racing flats that were unfortunately 1/2 a size to small. Still, beggars can't be choosers, so I accepted them with gratitude and off we went. It wasn't until we were a couple of k into the run that I realised that in the kerfuffle with the shoes, I had left behind my hat (vital for keeping the sweat out of my eyes), my sunnies (it was just before sun set and we were running west) and my garmin (so I know the distance - 9k - but I have no idea of the time. I'll get that from Steve when he uploads his and extracts the shared 9k from the many more k's that he will have done tonight).

Once again, a lovely run. If things keep up like this for the next 2 months (yep - Canberra is 2 months from today) then I'll be a happy chappy, no doubt about it!

And just to whet your appetite, tiger angel has some exciting news to tell you all, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow...

sfG

mood (as Gronk would say) => 11/10

5 Comments:

At 10:55 am, Blogger 2P said...

Fantastic week Gnome - set body to repeat.

Well done mate, you are going from strength to strength.

 
At 11:26 am, Blogger Tesso said...

There's no reason why you can't or won't have this week over and over!

Looking forward to TA's news.

 
At 1:00 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Great week! Great times for your reps :-) Keep it up its obviously working!!

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger 26miles said...

Like go girl said, I put the session into the garmin before I start, with the 301 (or 305) you can put the whole sesion including warm-up, session and cool down in and just press start.
Last night's effort was 9.16k in 48.43 includes all stops (4.00 mins) total run time 44.43 = 4.55 pace. Splits were 5.44, 4.32, 4.52, 4.51, 4.54, 4.46, 4.37, 5.03, 4.57.

cheers, steve.

 
At 2:40 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Howdy! Thanks for your message - is so much fun going through everyone's blog. Will work next week.

Cheers,E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home