Tuesday, January 31, 2006

2 bits of news.

I haven't been allowed to run (seeing Dr Pain tomorrow) but have done some walking, gyming, swimming and cycling to make up for it over the last 2 weeks. I did a swim session in PT the other day. Tim knew I was very nervous about it but he eased my nerves and helped me smoothe out the stroke. Good stuff. I'm still tiring easily but last night got an explanation for it. Apart from picking up the tummy bug in Cambodia it looks like I also developed shingles there. I just thought the severe pain and the rash on my back was part of the virus. Seems so obvious when I look back and explains the pain, itchiness and fatigue I've still got.

The others news is I passed my PT course. My assignments and exams came back last week and I got my practical results yesterday. I received some very favourable comments and am feeling quite chuffed today. Now I just need to hear " you may go for a little run...".

TA

7 Comments:

At 2:17 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Congrats TA - though the bit about shingles isn't so great. Good luck with Dr Pain tomorrow ;-)

 
At 5:56 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats on passing the PT course TA! I heard good things about you from one of your pupils (WT) at brekky on Saturday so am not surprised you received favourable comments.

Not good about the shingles though :-( You are in the wars.

 
At 7:40 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

Ouch TA! I've heard shingles can be excruciating, no wonder you've been feeling so sick.

Congrats on passing the course, but we didn't doubt it for a minute. Well done!

 
At 7:43 am, Blogger Katie said...

Yeah for you!!! I am so happy for you... its a nice feleing to finish! No good about the shingles thouh! I had them about 12months ago- stressed! I thought I was just aleric to something... very painful though. I hope they go away quickly!

 
At 9:47 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Yikes, shingles is very nasty. I hope they are better soon.

Congrats on passing your PT course that's been a lot of work so you must be relieved it's finished.

I will send the water running schedule to Lorna as I can't find your email address.

Take care
L

 
At 1:02 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Congrats on passing the PT course TA. I guess I'll get a bill in the mail now after you make a comment on my Blog ?

Shingles ? Yes I recall a friend had them last year. Naaasty ! Good luck with them.

 
At 6:42 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

You may go for a little run....as soon as the Doc gives you the all clear!

Well done! I expected nothing less than "favourable comments"...you are a natural!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home