Thursday, January 19, 2006

Improving

I think I'm improving at last :-). I'm eating normally, only making toilet dashes 3 times a day and today for the first time in 5 days I thought about exercising. For the last few days I've dragged myself around tired and aching but today I decided to do a Body balance class. However the gym had the wrong time on the web and I was too late for it so did an easy weights session instead. I was uncharacteristically sensible and listened to the fatigue and went easy and I even feel ok this arvo. I guess I'm scared of getting Chronic fatigue Syndrome (like my mum who has had it for 20 years).

I, also, went and saw Dr Ludka on Tuesday (like Owl and Lulu). I went to see her because I have problems with extremely heavy periods and was not happy with the drugs given to me to fix it. I took my comprehensive test results that my kidney and gp Drs. order every November and although they were happy with them she immediately said my ferriten, oestrogen and thyroid levels were all far too low. She said a good way to check if the thyroid is underactive is to measure body temp. Normal is 36.7 and mine was 35.4. This indicates it is to low. So I have to get a pelvic ultrasound and then we will determine how to tackle all the problems.

TA

2 Comments:

At 6:46 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Crikey, that is a low temperature. You can have some of my oestrogen; I've got too much. There's an epidemic of underactive CR thyroids it would appear! I'll email you some info on the water running programmes. If you want to meet up one day we can do some together and I can share any tips I've picked up.

 
At 11:22 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe...yes I thought my temperature was pretty ok (range between 35.4 - 36) till Ludka pointed out the 36.7 is normal! Welcome to the thyroid club!

Was really good to see you again on Thurs. Looking forward to a good catch up over the coming weeks at RunClub.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home