Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Back to the beginning.

TA and I did a 5.5k loop this morning at 6:10 pace. TA remarked when we'd finished that it used to be our standard run - back when 10k was a special distance - so in a lot of ways, we're back to where we started. Still, I'm leaping ahead of my story, so let's go back a bit.

In the first week a.c. I took good advice and didn't run a step. I did a few long walks and one 20 minute bike ride, but that was it. The soreness stopped after a few days, but eveything just felt tight enough to play violin music on. 2nd week I did a couple of runs, but twanged my right hammy in one and had ITB & calf soreness in the others. Clearly things weren't readt to go yet.

On Sunday evening after the Swans game, Micro got a lift home with my sister, and TA and I went to Centennial Park for another attempt at a jog. I started off feeling pretty ordinary, but got better and better as time wore on. By the time we were finishing the second lap of the inside track (where TA had to stop - her leg was playing up) I just wanted to keep on going! It felt so good to just want to run again, it was wonderful. As it was getting dark, I just did one more lap at 5 minute pace, and it felt really good :-)

Of course, it would be nice to think that everything was fine again, but this morning when we went around our old 5.5k loop my knee soreness was back and TA was feeling pretty beat, so we called it quits. Hey, we're in no hurry...

Gnome

5 Comments:

At 7:48 am, Blogger Katie said...

You will be happy to hear I think I am broken for a few weeks ;-) sore calf and behind my right knee.... like you no huury! I am happy to take my time .... it will get there. hehe quickly I hope! I am glad you are well!

 
At 8:18 am, Blogger Cirque said...

Sending positive thoughts to you both!

 
At 7:01 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I hope you're both back to full working order in very short order! At least you are running together again, even for a short time.

 
At 9:11 am, Blogger Katie said...

Hey Gnomey.... guilt is a waste of emotional energy! Never fear I will be back woo hooing very soon :-) All my own doing any way... sometimes I should take my eveready batteries out for a rest before there is a problem! See you soon :-)

 
At 3:49 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

No hurry, TA & Gnome! You've both got years of time to run, so take it easy now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home