Sunday, June 11, 2006

As Promised

In the last post, I alluded to plans for upcoming Goal Races; well, here it is. It's a 14 week plan ending with the Sydney half (which I hope I'll be able to run with tiger angel, though that's faaaaar from certain) .

25/6/06 - Woodford to Glenbrook (25k) - basically a trial run of longer distance bush running
16/7/06 - King of the Mountain (35k) - definitely only a long run, not a race. Not really sure about this one, I need to find out more about it,
13/8/06 - City2Surf (14k) - the old favourite :-)
27/8/06 - Willy 2 Billy (35k) - this is the main goal. No idea what time I'm aiming for yet.
17/9/06 - Blackmores (21.1k) - let's see if this is more fun than last year :-)

Of course, all the Striders 10k series and the CR5ks will be included as well. The main training aim over the time will be to maintain endurance while building strength - hence basically a combination of long and hills. It's a bit hard to get in much bush running simply because it tends to be dark when I train, but I hope to start hitting the bush on some of the long runs. This'll be interesting...
_____________

Tiger angel dragged herself out the door early on Friday to go swimming (cold cold cold). Only (her term, not mine) did 1k, not fast. Felt OK doing it, but a bit joint-sore afterwards. Did a PT session on Saturday (again OK, but very weary afterwards). She wasn't good this morning and decided that after this morning's work she could only manage a walk. So we did 4k and she has rested since.
_____________

Saturday was just too cold and miserable to contemplate running, so I found some convenient niggles to use as an excuse. Couldn't do that two days in a row, so this morning (Sunday) I, against any semblance of better judgement that I may possess, crawled out of bed at 5am to get myself to the Striders Star at Concord.

Unfortunately, the group I ran with was really too hot for me. I normally do my long runs at about 5:30 pace, but these blokes dragged it out at 4:45. I hung on until about 12k (didn't want to be running around there on my own - guaranteed to get lost), and when I finally dropped off, Orunner was kind enough to hang back and keep me company for a while (thanks Dave, much appreciated). I pretty much kept the pace until 15k, when I joined up with a group of earlier starters who were running at a better pace for the remainder. All up about 27k, giving a weekly total of 52k. See what happens when you don't run Saturday? :-)

Gnome

4 Comments:

At 10:25 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Except for K-M, its the same as mine! Needless to say, I think it's a sensational race schedule
;-)

 
At 1:30 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

What's your goal time for C2S? Maybe I can use you as a wind break ;-)

 
At 6:59 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Nice to see you Sunday Gnomey! God that is a cracking pace for a long run, they should have strated at 6:20 :-) Hahah next time run with us, far more social ;-) Although a litlle pedestrian for you!

They look like some fun races! All the best to TA!!

 
At 5:40 pm, Blogger miners said...

At least I'll see you both at C2S!! Have been missing you guys. Must get down for a few more Striders runs soon - or maybe I should consider going snowboarding this year ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home