Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Short lived but so good.

Firstly I must say thankyou to everyone for their well wishers towards me. I can hardly believe 6 months has passed and I'm still not 100%. The Docs have instructed me to exercise every day if possible. So Dr Pain (my new best friend ;-) and I have a date each week so that he can work on me and I can have some good days before the yucky ones.

Last week he did a double session as he said " I need more time to cover all the area!" This seemed to give me an extra pain free day and the others not quite so bad. The exciting thing for me is that today ( after training a lovely new client) I felt good enought for a run/walk at the Bay (7k) . I ran very easy and watched others pass me and after 30 mins my back started to twinge so I began to walk but after 1-2 mins felt ok so completed my run and was surprised to finish in under 44mins. I haven't run that far since the Central Coast Half.

I also had my appointment with Dr Pain today and he was pleased too but very gently warned me "this is a good week - be ready to come back here in agony on another day". He has more experience than me so I agreed not to get too frustrated and just enjoy today's moment. Besides now I'm back in ' 24 hr post "Dr Pain" pain' , maybe I won't send that c2s entry in after all :-).

TA

3 Comments:

At 6:42 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

I really feel for you TA. I hope you continue to improve!

 
At 10:50 pm, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Wow, is it 6 months already! I wish I could do C2S too - maybe next year though...

 
At 4:12 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I can't believe it's been 6 months either. I hope you'll soon have it all behind you and you can get back into it. I won't be doing C2S this year but hopefully I can cheer you on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home