Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another race scratched.

Over the last 8 months my training has decreased incredibly but after a pretty rough last week, it was suggested I reduce it further. I'm still doing light wts, walking and pool work but have stopped trying to do 5k runs once or twice a week and am now doing walk 1k/run 1k instead.

I hate to admit it but I'm doing a bit better and when I saw Dr Pain today he marvelled that he didn't have to readjust my hips or lower back like usual and has asked me to continue like this for another 2 weeks until I see him again. (Still had to re-align 3 ribs though).

So there goes my plans for either a CR5k come back or a Bridge Run. Who was it who said ' Life wasn't meant to be easy!'

TA

4 Comments:

At 5:00 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Argh ! Just when you thought you were nearly there. Oh well, my fingers and toes remain crossed for you TA. :)

 
At 7:40 pm, Blogger Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that TA. Still, it's better to take your recovery easy. My fingers & toes are crossed too!

 
At 9:48 am, Blogger CJ said...

There'll be plenty more races - its more important you look after yourself and get fully recovered.

I'm also sorry I didn't get to see yoy at C2S - will make up for it next time!!!

Take care and keep smiling.

 
At 9:51 am, Blogger Lulu said...

I really feel for you TA. It's so frustrating. I'm hoping to make it to the start of the bridge run but am still not confident.

I really hope you start feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home