Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Greys on Trays.

We had a great time at the snow and despite the tear inducing pain I was in at times - I want to go back!! Maybe Gnome and I can sneak away without the kids next time. BTW, did you know that snowboarders of our age are known as 'Greys on trays' :-0.

Last week saw me doing some weights, walks, water running, swimming and a Runclub session. Runclub was one of my favourites - mini 6 foot. I sneaked to the back of the pack and Tim resignedly said "See how you go for one lap" so I headed off very easy. He made me take a short rest after 1.5 laps but then allowed me to continue. The new girl I was running with, actually asked me if I was the club encourager as I spoke to most people I went past! Afterwards we all went out for tea together which was fun.

Saturday I did a PT session alternating bike intervals with good old fashioned 3x10 wt sets. Very solid and I felt very tired at the Swans that night. Sunday I was a bit sore but Gnome and I went for a run anyhow. In hindsight, a water walking session may have been a better choice. Oh well, took a rest yesterday and did a 45 minute walk with the dog today before seeing Dr Pain for the regular 'grease and oil change'. He can be very scary sometimes. For example, today he said 'you held the leash in your right hand didn't you' . 'Yes' say me ' but how do you know?'. ' Oh you've popped out a rib on that side when North has jerked to a stop. Right, lets put it back.' Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. He, also, suggested water walking would have been a better choice.

TA

2 Comments:

At 11:24 am, Blogger Lulu said...

LOl greys on trays! What do they call older people on skis?

Dr pain does sound very scary, not to mention living up to his name!

 
At 12:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

only just catching up on everyone's happenings! Just love the boarding-sledges that the whipper snappers dreamt up. I'll have to get back there before I get too creaky.

so, should you be walking North with the leash in your teeth to keep the weight distribution even?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home