Sunday, February 24, 2008

2 weeks to go

Taper week(s) started in a slightly confused fashion. Various events out of my control meant that I couldn't run on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday and our Angel was coming home from Africa on Thursday so Run Club was out too. I ended up riding to work on Wed, running home, running in Thursday, getting picked up to go to the airport, running in Friday and riding home Friday night. Told you it was confusing. I ended up with 3 sets of work clothes, 2 breakfasts, running gear, riding gear and various types of shoes in my locker at work...

Pushed Thursday's run a bit just to increase the intensity, and then added the CR5k and the Strider's 'Equaliser' (a 14k bush run on "undulating" terrain) on Sat and Sun respectively. Confirmed last month's 5k pb by managing another sub 20 in windy conditions and then had a good run at the equaliser too. Things seem to be setting up well, though my ankles and knees will be happy to get a bit of rest after 6ft. :-) Week total - 56k

Tiger angel is recovering finally, so she should be at North Head next week for her long steady run (aka striders 10k).

Gnome

6 Comments:

At 12:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear that all is going (mostly!) acccording to plan! 6 Foot is going to be great!

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Good run at the Equaliser gnome. And thanks for marshalling TA.

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, taper time already!

Well done on the CR Challenge. Such a shame about the wind factor, you would've snaffled another PB this month for sure.

Good to hear the TA news.

 
At 5:16 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Undulating? I can remember walking on that last hill up to the finish.

Get that sub-20 form going and you'll be down to Cox's in 80 minutes or so :)

Good luck to TA for the 10k!

 
At 7:36 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

When I saw the word 'taper' I thought : Canberra Marathon? Can't be that close or have I been asleep for a few weeks! Then I saw 6 foot track. Phew! Good luck & have a great run but be careful...no falling down! I need you in good shape for Canberra.

 
At 9:02 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Ok, so I realise that your post is now a week old but I've had one of those weeks :-)

I'm glad to hear your taper was going well Gnome. I hope it has continued !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home