Sunday, February 10, 2008

To Pluvio and below...

I met the famous Pluviometer yesterday, and I understand why people treat her with such respect (but I can't understand how fats ran all the way up, and *then* put a burst on along Black Range because he was feeling good! Wow. But I digress. Anyhow...)

A group of us (CRs OverTheHill, Eveready Bunny, Strider Danielle and RunClubber Michael) went up to the Caves Rd crossing - leaving Sydney at 4am(??!!??) and arriving at just after 6am when the temperature was 11 degrees - and ran along the deviation, Black Range and down Pluvio and then back again. It rained a little but in general it was kind, better than the bucketing that we got for most of the drive up. By the time we got back to the cars, it was 10 degrees and there was hail on the ground, so somehow we had missed the edge of a hail storm. Lucky!!

I know that I hadn't run over Mini-Mini prior to Pluvio so it's only half the test, but I have to say that it has given me a fair bit of encouragement about our next date in 4 weeks' time. It's all good :-)

On to other good things, and tiger angel competed (along with CR Mango) at the Kurnell sprint tri this morning. The swim leg was interesting to say the least. The current was heading one direction and the waves in another, so it was reasonably washing-machine-like for a 'protected' bay swim. She was very happy with how it went (losing her chain during the cycle leg notwithstanding), so it's all onwards and upwards now :-)

As always I had my camera there. I've put up a few of the better shots up here, but here's a taste.

Who knew that synchronised swimming was part of a tri?

Here comes the Mango Man

Gnome

6 Comments:

At 8:34 pm, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Lots of good things happening in your house - good work.

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Bravo! Congratulations Sue. I know you were nervous about the swim but you had a great race in tough conditions. I hope the recovery goes well.

Great photos Gnome. That fella is a bit of a spunk if you ask me ;-)

 
At 10:24 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

The six foot trick is don't run the first part of the race hard and you can run the black range strong and pass a lot of dead runners. The striders ran along botany bay this morning at the star. Saw a heap of bikes(100) crossing capt cook bridge about 7:30am. Maybe on the way to the tri?

 
At 2:33 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Gee, is it really only four weeks until 6ft. Time flies when you're training your gizbets out!

 
At 7:55 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I hope it's "all good" on March 8.

I like how TA never seems stressed during a Tri - how does she do that?

 
At 7:01 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

March 8...I'll be pushing you on, Gnome! Loved the pics too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home