Monday, November 12, 2007

Countdown

One week to go to Nepean, less than a week till carbo loading! :-)

I had a lighter week this week, though it still felt full on. Monday swum 1.1k, then rode to work and home. TA did a 1 hour walk (on top of running 3 individual and group training sessions). Tuesday, TA did a 30 minute swim, but the pool was too crowded so she called it a day. I ran to work and back - still enjoying it. :-) Wednesday was a rest day for me and a 45min really solid bike session for TA. On Thursday I rode to work, and then Run Club.

The session was a killer. Tiger angel & I were dragging ourselves around on Friday (wisely taken as another rest day by both of us). We did 4 x 200, 2 x 400, 2 x 800, 2 x 400 and 2 x 200 (was supposed to be four, but we ran out of light). I kept the splits pretty even, but the 800s were slower than I wanted. Ah well. I pulled out a couple of 35s for the last two 200s, so that was pleasing. TA's run was so even that you could have set your watch by her! :-)

The weekend was a lot of fun. On Saturday morning, tiger angel had her training with Freespirit (a brick session with body weight exercises thrown in after each run leg) while I went to the first run of the Strider's 6ft training group. I still really want to get at least one 6ft under my belt, so let's see if this year I can manage it. We ran up from under the Roseville bridge to a park in Lindfield and back - about 14k in just under 1 1/2 hours. Then in the afternoon we went down to Clovelley for my first wettie swim (thanks for the loan, Tim). It was fine. Fitted me like a glove, and it was fun watching all the fish. You don't see them in a swimming pool! :-). Unfortunately, we also had the company of a few blueys, one of which brushed my arm, and one of which got in under TA's collar, leaving her with a big welt on her neck. Not nice :-(

On Sunday morning we went to Homebush early for a brick session (for me - TA was under instructions to do nothing more than walk). We found a new area with a 1.3km circuit which was just perfect. I did 3 laps pretty solid on the bike, one lap running, then repeat. Bike averaged 26kph, run 4:30 pace. I don't normally hit lots of tight turns on my rides to work, so this was really good to sort out some of the technical stuff too. Lots of birds and other wildlife around - alas, the wildlife included flies, but you can't have everything. They've build a new cafe down there too - we didn't have time to sample its wares because we wanted to get back for church, but I can imagine heading down there again some time.

Lucky it was a lighter week, eh?

Gnome

6 Comments:

At 7:29 am, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Good one Gnome. Looking good for Nepean. See you Sunday.

 
At 1:07 pm, Blogger Bennyr said...

Sounds like the light week of a couple that love their training.

That cafe is worth the effort, but has all of the organisational trademarks of a business that only operates on the weekend.

Marlz and I must've just missed you - we ran through that neck of the woods twice on Sunday.

 
At 5:28 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope TA's recovered from that nasty bluebottle sting...brings back memories of so many of the damned things in my childhood!

You're both training so well, I feel positively lazy!

Wishing you a good weekend at Nepean!

 
At 9:47 pm, Blogger Jen said...

I love carb loading too :-)

Phew, I feel tired just reading about your week. That sekrit training spot & cafe at Homebush sounds like a great find

See you Sunday!!!!! Very excited for you:-)

 
At 9:25 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Exciting stuff! Is this your first tri Gnome? TA has done them before hasn't she?

You both seem to be training the house down, you must be feeling so fit.

 
At 9:09 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

You should be free of blueys out at Penrith... just the occasional floating carcus to worry about ;)

35 is motoring for a 200 - Patrick Johnson had better watch out!

Say g'day to Jim for me at your next 6' session.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home