Sunday, March 01, 2009

Getting excited!

Blogger Dashboard tells me that the last time I posted was Nov 16th last year. How time flies when we're both active and uninjured. Too busy training and enjoying it to have time to post. :-)

Just to bring you up to date, tiger angel's body (and hence training) is going from strength to strength. A renewed focus on triathlons over the last 6 months has translated into a lot more time in the pool and on the bike (though not at the same time, I hasten to add) and a little less running. This in turn has resulted in her first Olympic length tri in Canberra last month, and another in Geelong next month.


About half way through the Oly @ Canberra

TA did the sprint at Kurnell today, and despite them lengthening the run course to bring it closer to the advertised 5k, she still ripped more than 8 minutes off her pb (and that was with no taper at all!). It was an absolutely awesome performance. I'm so proud of her, not just for the time that she did, but for the effort and perserverence that she's put in over a few tough years in order to get where she is now. 2009 is going to be a fun year! :-)

As for me, I've just come off the back of my biggest month ever (307km, and Feb is a short month) and I'm feeling well. The 5k on Saturday was my first time back near the pb (8 sec off) since 6ft training got heavy, so it'll be nice to see if it holds up at the 10k next weekend - and even nicer if I can hang it all together up in the mountains in just 14 days time. I even have my pink skirt at the ready, so if anyone else wants to sponsor me for doing 6ft in a Skirt, click here and go for it.

Gnome

5 Comments:

At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My money's on you Bru.

Well done Sue!

 
At 10:51 am, Blogger Jen said...

I'm excited for both of you - and the fact that you've updated your blog ;-P

Seriously congratulations again to Sue on an amazing result yesterday! You continue to inspire me.

Bru, so pleased to hear that your training has been going well and that you are near your PB despite the heavy training. A huge PB coming up for you at Six Foot - in a pink skirt no less! ;-P

Looking forward to seeing you both at Six Foot. xx

 
At 9:33 pm, Blogger miners said...

wow - he's back :) And great to see TA back and smiling too!

Best of luck in my skirt mate ;)

 
At 7:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gnomey!!!

 
At 6:55 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Good one TA.

Another pink skirt! Glad I missed that thread ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home