Friday, June 10, 2005

Unexpected trip to the Dark Side.

Thursday morning I had a session with 'Mick the Torturer' and although my shoulder was better after a week's rest, he still wants me to take it easy and see him in 2 weeks. At one point I said it felt like the muscle was bruised and he said 'no,but it will be when I'm finished!!' and then he complained that I call him "the torturer" in my blog.

Thursday night is run club but with Tim having pneumonia I assumed Steve (26miles) would be running it. Wrong.. Tim was there. Wrong again. He had arrived to set up and explain the session and to drop the bombshell that I was to run the session. Talk about being thrown in the deep end. It's strange having to continually think what to do next rather than just follow what you are told. After warmup, stretches and drills,the guys had a track session to do. ie 3x400 with 1min then 45sec rec. between. Full recovery before 2x800 with 2min rec between. Another 3x400 ( same rec.) and 1x800 to finish. Each one is to start at the same pace you finish and good form takes precedence over speed. We finished up with strength work and stretches.

It was a good experience and looking back I think I even enjoyed it but I will be delighted to see Tim back. TA

Ps Gnome and MicroTA had to attend the Yamaha band festival instead of runclub. Sad,sad but the band did really well and won Gold on their first year in A grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home