Saturday, December 10, 2005

Week summary

Monday - Rest after the CC half.

Tuesday - 2k warm up, 2 x 1k tempo, 2k warm down. Ran with Angela. TA thought that she was struggling until we discovered half way through the first 1k that she was about 30 sec under her 1k interval pace (as suggested by Mcmillan). Backed off, but still finished both intervals about 10s under the nominated time.

Wednesday - unscheduled rest day. Don't remember why? Oh, yes I do. I spend from 1:30 to 4am bowing down before the great white throne. Just something disagreed with me I guess :-(

Thursday - Ride to work, then Run Club. Warm up, stretches, drills. 500m firm, pushing harder in the last 100m. 20 min on the new time trial course (hills and grass - I think the pb days are over), followed by another 500m. I felt fine during the 20 minutes - ran with James and chatted but still did 4:25s - but the second 500 was murder. I just couldn't get moving. Maybe Wednesday morning was catching up with me. Luckily Tim took pity on my prostrate body and dropped the last 10 minutes he had planned. We finished with the tyre pull, lunges, core work and stretches.

Micro was feeling lazy and ran with TA in the 20 minute, so Tim made him do about 5 or 6 tyre runs against different opposition (including me). He looked so powerful, and he managed to beat every one of us. I tried to get a decent photo, but failed miserably. Still, I'll subject you to the best of the rejects :-)



Friday is normally my rest day, but TA's program included an 8k easy today and I'd missed Wednesday, so out we went tonight. It was a lovely comfortable run and we just chatted and enjoyed the time. The night air was just right, so I gave TA the key and kept going for another 4k, giving me a total for the week of 45k. That's about the volume that I want at this point in the program, so so-far, so-good.

Oh, the other bit of good news is that I realised tonight that my knee that I damaged snowboarding in August didn't give me any stick at the half (well, it only hurts down hills, and there weren't any hills there), and it hardly niggled tonight even on the worst hills. As Mr Burns would say, "Exxxcellent!"

sfG

6 Comments:

At 7:27 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Great to see that you guys are in one piece after Sunday's "long run".

 
At 8:00 am, Blogger Cirque said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well. Glad to hear it!

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Great piccie. Maybe its a little blurred cos he's running so fast :-)

 
At 11:29 am, Blogger 2P said...

Nice to here you both pulled up so well after Sunday. Friday night sounded like a great night ;-)

 
At 4:33 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

How fast is that!!! OOPS, about the great white throne! I needed one of those out on the 6ft track!!

I hope you both (& family) have a wonderful Christmas...don't forget the stockings for Santa to fill at the foot of the bed on Christmas Eve!

 
At 5:42 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Great week guys!!! The guy in the picture has great form... something to aim for! Glad to hear your all on track!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home