Wednesday, November 16, 2005

That was great!

Had a bit of a dodgy night with a headache but was ready to ride with Jan this morning. Jan rides 5 days a week so is pretty 'competent' and is always ahead of me on the hills. Too her surprise I asked if we could do the M2 and she readily agreed. It is not as flat as one thinks and there are quite a few long slow hills, so despite the threat of rain and lots of wind we set off. We were constantly riding into the wind as it was swirling and we never got respite from it and there was quite alot of traffic today so we cut it short before the toll gates and only did 30k.

The great part was I coped with the hills better than I ever have and even managed to catch Jan on one and then later overtake her on her favourite hill. I was stoked!! The hills just didn't seem as big as I remembered. So when we got back to the car we realised that we had done the 30k in 67 mins at an average of 26.7k. That is just above my best from last season so I am one happy girl :-).

TA

3 Comments:

At 1:37 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! Congratulations TA on a great session on the bike this morning. Your hard work sure is paying off :-)

J.

 
At 7:40 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great ride, TA, and fast too! I'd be as terrified of the wind as I would be of the traffic! Above your best from last season....no doubt you're one happy girl!

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger miners said...

Great ride considering the conditions TA - it's great to see you out there in that sort of weather, when us blousey cyclists stay indoors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home