Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dumb, dumb, dumb :-(

So, why am I up posting to the blog at 12:30 in the morning when we have the last Striders 10k for the year in just a few hours time? Because I did something dumb, that's why!

Riding to work on Thursday on TA's shiny flash bike (with its very sharp sprockets), I stumbled a bit while easing it over a gutter and drove the aforementioned sprocket into my ankle, opening up a nice big hole that needed 4 stiches to close it again. Damn, damn, bother and blast. Hrumph. I *like* running at Lane Cove, and this makes two races in a row there that I've been out of action. Hrumph again :-(

Still, the week was going well up to that point.
  1. I realised on Wednesday night that I'd done a marathon during the previous week (3x10k and 2x6k - I know that's not much for the gazelles, but it makes me happy) and
  2. Following on from my iffy reaction after the last two hard runs, I've increased my carbs a fair bit and it doesn't appear to have affected my weight. Now all I need is another hard run (and an ankle to do it on) and we can find out whether that's fixed it.
I guess I shouldn't complain, but that's never stopped me in the past... :-)

sfG

3 Comments:

At 8:12 am, Blogger Cirque said...

Complain away! I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it heals quickly and you can get to test out your carb theory properly.

TA - how are your studies going? I hope you're getting on top of it and getting some sleep as well.

 
At 12:38 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Ouch sfG, that must've hurt! Though at least is just a flesh wound (hopefully not a la Monty Python) and not something that's gonna put you out for weeks.

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Ouch! So sorry to hear about your ankle Gnome. Hope you are back on the road very soon.

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home