Sunday, October 30, 2005

...and it was indeed...

As in, "...and it was indeed a nice setup for Saturday". I've already written a report on Cool Running for Saturday morning's run. Suffice to say that I managed a 10 sec pb (very happy) and that Papa Luigi blew me away in the last k (still annoyed that I couldn't hang in there with him - actually, I think that I'm annoyed that I didn't try harder to hang in there with him. Things seem so much easier when you're not actually racing :-)

The thing that was really strange about the run was the dizzyness & general lethargy afterwards. I got a bit of that on Thursday night too, but this knocked me around for pretty much the whole day. Strangely, I was affected almost as soon as the run was over, but it went away for the jog back, returning when I stopped.

It is possible that I wasn't hydrated enough, but I'm generally pretty good with that so I don't think that it was a dominant factor. The other alternative that we're working with is that my carb intake is just way too low, and the old body is just making it's displeasure known. Corrective action?? Well, start eating more carbs for a start and see what happens (whilst watching weight for first signs of returning to old station :-). Tuesday morning is a easy 10k with Angela (back from her month in Sth America & all that altitude training :-), so I'll have to wait till Thursday to push it and see if the problem is still there.

TA's story on Saturday was similarly pleasing and dissappointing. Right up to the 4k mark she was close to her pb time, and only had to run a 4.50 last k to be in the record books (well, in her's, anyway :-). Unfortunately, she got massive stomach pains and was unable to continue. This too has been a feature of her recent races. I want her to go and see a doc, but the physician is insisting on healing herself, so we'll just have to see if the next potential solution makes a difference. As next Saturday is the last of the Strider's 10k series for this year, I hope it works, because the form that she showed on Saturday for the first 4k gives me the hint that something special is on the way. Let's wait and see.

Unfortunately, Tim wasn't well Saturday, so TA's PT was cancelled. Mind you he emailed her weekly program and suggested she may like to do the PT bike session he had planned. 45 minutes later and TA was sweating.

sfG

Oh, I guess I should also note the 60 minutes in the pouring rain this morning before church. Quite plesant really. Just easy up and down hills, chatting and running, and no after effects from yesterday for either of us. Can't lose 'em all :-)

2 Comments:

At 8:41 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Great to see you guys had a good running weekend. That Papa Luigi just keeps on getting better. Damn those genes !

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Another PB Gnome.. excellent.. I'm sure you'll get Papa Luigi on the next one :)

I hope TA gets her tummy issues sorted and you work out why you're feeling a bit strange after a big effort..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home