Thursday, October 27, 2005

Nice set-up for Saturday

At run club tonight, we had a session that I've never done before (though TA has done it a couple of times). 3 x 2k repeats, with a decent break between. It's a hard session, and I'm still feeling tired now as I type - normally I recover quickly and don't feel any after effects, but the last few hard runs have left me worn out. Is that because I'm working better and using all the available energy more effectively, or is it because I don't have as much energy as I used to? I don't know, but the times are coming down, so I'll be happy to feel tired :-)

We were both really pleased with our times and our consistency tonight. I did 7:45, 7:47 and 7:50, which bodes well for a sub 12:00 at the next 3k TT (that's been the goal for quite a while - current pb is 12:01!). TA (and microTA who ran the whole time with his mum) did 9:15, 9:13 and 9:15 which is right back in the zone.

I can't speak for TA, but I know that though the times were consistent, the effort expended was exponentially increasing from one run to the next.

Tomorrow's a rest day for me, and a morning bike session for TA (8x30s hard, 15s spin plus warm up and down) and Saturday's the CR 5k (have I ever mention that I love that race... :-)

TA gym'd it yesterday. She did an Herculean (may I suggest 'insane' as a better description :-)) glutes session, and was left pretty sore today. Her study is getting a little bit behind with all the other living that has been piling up. Maybe *next* week will be quieter...

sfG

1 Comments:

At 3:24 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Hey Bruce, with 2k rep times like those I reckon you are a shoe in for a sub 12 min 3k. I was doing over 8 minutes for my 2k reps early in the year when I ran a couple of sub 12 minute 3k TTs. Sub 11:45 perhaps.

Too easy :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home