Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tiger training

The howling wind Saturday morning convinced me to stay in bed a bit longer so didn't head out on the new 10kAT route till after 8am. It's funny because we seem to have different running routes according to the type of run. The only thing we can't manage around here is a flat run!

In the arvo I headed into Rozelle to train with Wildthing and Caro and although it was sunny we nearly got blown away. I was so glad I wasn't doing track work with Tim.

Sunday morning saw us helping at the Striders Internal Half. I wondered if it would get a bit boring waving a flag for 2 hours but it was alot of fun encouraging the runners and chatting to people who were doing their own thing. One fellow was very interested and wanted to know how he could join Striders, so of course I also gave CR a plug. I was intending to ride at Homebush in the afternoon but with the kids away I realised I could do some more study in peace and quiet, so did that instead while Gnome lay around watching Bathurst.

Monday morning I had an easy 12k on the plan but had forgotten I had to take my motorbike in for a service, so I could only fit in 10k. I started at the top of the street and ran 5k in a circuit then turned around and did it in reverse. It's been a while since I've just relaxed and enjoyed a run.

After getting to bed later than is good for me, I got up early and did a bike session today. Warmup and cooldown with 6x 45 hard, 30 spin in the middle. I thought this one might hurt so was ready to accept 3-4 lots but I enjoyed it. Definately didn't want to do 7 but like yesterday it was a good session and to top the day off I started my PT Cert IV course. It was good to catch up with some of the blokes I did Cert III with (none of the girls have come back). Good fun but can you believe I came home with 8 BOOKS!! Yep, one textbook and one assignment book for each of the 4 subjects and everything ( including exams ) due christmas week. Hope no one expects me to go shopping for pressies ;-).

TA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home