Thursday, September 29, 2005

No Hospital Corner - Yah!!

Started the day with another lie in reading a tri mag. In it is a 'get off your butt and start training plan' for beginner/intermediates. So it guilted me out and I got up and went for a swim following the session one plan. It went ok so I think I'll follow the swim plan at least for the next few weeks.

Tonight was Runclub and with the oval lights still out we headed to the Callan Park loop after doing drills in a nearby lit carpark. It's an undulating course and the aim is to keep an even pace over the circuit and avoid potholes! We started by running for 7.5 mins ( remembering how many laps you did), rested 3 mins then ran again for 15 (aiming to double what you did the first time). At about 2:45 for each lap, I did just over 2.75 laps the first time and was surprised to only do about 5 in the 15 mins but then discovered Tim had stopped us early at 14 mins. The things that really made me happy were I got further around the circuit tonight than I did a month ago and I DIDN'T GET SENT TO HOSPITAL CORNER :-) (and I managed to avoid being lapped by Bru who was doing about 2:20 a lap - may have been a different story if we'd done the full 15 mins).

Tomorrow is a very easy 5-6k and then on Saturday it's Striders.

TA

2 Comments:

At 7:14 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend and didn't get banished to the sick room TA.

 
At 10:17 pm, Blogger CJ said...

TA what tri mag are you reading - I seriously need a training program to get me focused and i can't be bothered to do up one myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home