Monday, September 19, 2005

Driving Tim Nuts!

Poor Tim. He has to have the patience of a saint with a client like me. My exam for stage 1 of cert III is this week and I keep asking questions and trying to analyse why he does things at training 'that way'. Mind you he scrubbed up very well against the things we have been taught these last 2 weeks.

As for the weekend, I was to have PT Saturday arvo but just as I was about to go, Tim sent a text to say his car required the attention of the NRMA and could we do it Sunday instead. Fine, but now I was all dressed to exercise and didn't have to be at Leonie's 50th till 7pm. The easy solution was to grab Gnome and go and do a slightly shorter version of the planned Sunday long run. So off we headed to run to Mcdonalds.

Just joking but we did run up to the roundabout where the local golden arches are. It's quite hilly getting there and the edge of the road disappears at times. Quite an adventure - not. At one point Gnome was chatting and I didn't answer him. He looked at me and I told him I was waiting for an apology for the hill he just made me go up!! We then had a 'discussion' over the various hills I'd taken him up. In the end we covered 14-15k doing a big loop via Dural and Castle Hill.

Sunday came and I went to work while Gnome amd MicroTA went to footy presentation and then the whole family went to YumCha for lunch to celebrate Angel's 19th birthday. Bought some birthday pressies and then I was off to PT with Tim.

The session started with sandwich wts for the upper body, then some brick practice for tri's, more sandwich wts for legs and some ab work to round it off. I asked heaps of whys and Tim also quizzed me at times about actions and muscles, etc. It was a good workout and reminded me how much work I need to do towards tri's if I want to do some. The problem is I'm still looking to improve my 10k times and I think they are still my priority but I feel I need to do some tris to chip away at the swimming fears.

So the plan is to add a bike and a swim session to the week somewhere. This morning when I woke to find I'd forgotten to set the alarm I rushed out of bed and set the bike up on the wind trainer and did about 30mins with some tempo intervals in the middle. I finished with some abs and was only a little late for work.

Tomorrow morning Angela joins us and we are doing a repeat of last week's AT 10k run so me thinks it is time for bed.

TA

Ps We weren't able to get tickets to the Swannies GF but our son did. So he and his mate are off to enjoy it. As for me I can't even watch it as Stage 2 of my course is on that day :-( :-(.

2 Comments:

At 9:15 pm, Blogger CJ said...

I've been thinking about what sort of bike and swim training to do in preparation for triathlon season. I only plan on doing little tris because my main focus will be running. Did you have any sort of bike/swim training ideas in mind?

 
At 9:16 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Ps Go the Eagles ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home