Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Easy 10k

With TA on total exercise withdrawal this week, Angela and I met up for an easy 10k this morning. She's on the recovery path from the dreaded-but-altogether-too-common lurgy so she didn't need a hard session, and I'm pretending that I'm tapering for Sunday (though heaven knows that with the sickness, I don't really feel like I've done anything to taper from since the C2S).

Anyhow, enough excuses. We did twice around my 5.5k loop with a little bit cut off so it ended up at about 10.5k in almost exactly an hour. Sounds like a pretty good 'easy' pace to me. Poor Angela is still getting used to the fact that at the end of every hill around here is another one - a far cry from her bay run - but she appeared to handle it without any problems at all.

TA is getting pretty toey under this strict do-nothing regime, so she dragged the poor dog out for a 45 minute walk while Angela and I were out. I didn't see him when I got back - my guess is that he was lying exhausted in the sun somewhere. He's normally good for about 3km at best, but when TA gets toey... :-)

TA is 2 days into her 2 week Cert III Personal Trainer's course, so she's coming home each night bubbling over with new discoveries and stories of the others in her class (like having her skinfolds taken by a couple of hunky young blokes, and doing 19 pushups - proper ones - in 30 seconds). I haven't seen her all night 'cause she's doing HOMEWORK!! (something she hasn't had to do in 25 years :-) Time to go and see if she's fallen asleep in her books...

sfG

4 Comments:

At 8:01 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

looking forward to catching up on Sunday.

The taper will be over soon :)

 
At 8:27 pm, Blogger CJ said...

I know exactly how TA is feeling - I'm feeling awfully toey and have the fidgets! Which is a good sign I guess. Good luck for Sunday to both of you and hopefully we'll get to meet!

 
At 9:50 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Good luck to both of you for Sunday - despite both being unwell lately, you have done the hard work so relax and enjoy the day. I hope I can catch up with you both then,

Jen.

 
At 10:49 pm, Blogger miners said...

Hi guys - just couldn't resist coming in here after the Swannies big win tonight - hope you're still with us and not hooked up to an ECG somewhere ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home