Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Stoopid Instructors!

The alarm went off at 7am today but I didn't surface till over an hour later when the dog jumped on me. I'd even slept thru MicroTA's trombone practice! I grabbed some breakkie and headed out to the gym to do a weights session. I'd thought yesterday that with my quad not 100% I'd probably skip the leg weights but after receiving an email from Tim in response to my blog I was definately not doing the leg weights.

The gym was really quiet and I managed to join in the abs class on the mats with 6 others. The class involves heaps of different exercises usually done for 30-60 secs each. I'm lucky to have had good trainers who've emphasied the importance of core work and therefore know what I'm doing but today the instructor bordered on useless. The poor girl next to me was out of her depth and the instructor never bothered to advise her. Towards the end I couldn't stand it and helped her thru the last couple. When we finished she stayed there and we chatted for a while.

The wasted effort of incorrect form really bugs me when I see it at the gym and I guess I'm very grateful for the legacy Matt started and Tim continues. This may also partly explain why I've booked myself in to start Cert III in a couple of weeks.

TA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home