Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Angela's Debut

Monday morning saw me hit the pool for a recovery session of 10x100 with 20sec rest and then some pullbouy and fin work to round it off for a neat 1.5k. When I got to work I made up a sign congratulating my customers on raising over $1500 for bear Cottage.

As mentioned before Angela was coming to run with Gnome and I on Tuesday morning. We didn't get to bed till midnight after having MacroTA and his wife over to celebrate her 21st and had to be up for a 6am start. Both ourselves and Angela had dreadful sleeps obviously worrying about being on time. My left quad has a small niggle in it after c2s so I was prepared to bail if and when necessary because today we were doing 12k with 3x4min efforts (2min rec) thrown in. We took Angela along one of our regular routes. She usually runs in a fairly flat area and when we got about 4k in warned her about the longish steep hill that was coming to which she replied what do you call the others we've been up!! At about the 5.5 mark we hit a 2k stretch that is reasonably flat so that's where we do the efforts. They went fine until I hit the road at the end of the second one. Took a 4min recovery here (had to wash the blood off) and then we completed the last one. If my quad was hurting the pain in my hand soon let me forget about it.

We continued our run and showed Angela the hill that used to kill us when we started running. She had a good laugh at the almost flat section of road. Started our usual sprint over the last 150m but backed off when the quad slightly twinged. I hope we didn't scare Angela off It was nice to have the company. We grabbed the paper and checked out our c2s positions. Gnome came 3329th (66.52), Angela 9850th (79.54) and I came 7744th (76.01) . All quite chuffed especially to be in the first 10000.

Ps. One advantage to having a blood soaked hand is you can see whether you cross the midline or not. Proud to announce all the blood on my *white* top was at the side.

TA

1 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

TA, what are you doing hitting yourself with the road?? Whether you hit the road or the road hits you, you're the one going to get hurt! Hope your hand heals & that you stay upright when you're next out there doing your 3x4 efforts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home