Sunday, August 07, 2005

Another Good Weekend.

Having read the Melbourne/Canberra blogs we can hardly complain about a 1 or 2 degrees morning but it was freezing at the Lane Cove Striders 10k on Saturday . We rolled up about 6.30am, had a quick warmup with Lorna and left everything on till the last minute and then joined the masses at the start line. Gnome was running this race with me as he has each 10k or longer.

Althought I felt stronger up Scribbleys this time I was surprised to be 5-6 seconds slower at the 3k than in June but things improved from there. I picked up to be 4 secs faster by the 5k mark and then picked up another 13secs coming home. The last 3k was particularly pleasing despite the undulatons in 8-9k. Got home in 51.31 a 17sec PB on this course and my fastest 10k yet. Lorna, had a brilliant run to come in at 59.01, her first sub 60 10k. Very exciting and so glad to be there to share it.

It was great catching up afterwards with lots of CRs and I even got to chat with The Mad Guz which was a highlight, especially when he complained about the 5-6k hill :-).

Next month we will be official Striders and we're looking forward to further reducing the 10k time.

Later in the afternoon I had PT with Tim. It was a weights session with some walking laps thrown in. I wasn't too impressed with having to start with squats and lunges but Tim ( with a wry smile) said it would be good to fatigue my legs properly.

Today we only had a 1hr recovery run planned. The nicest thing was, that after doing it, we went home and had a leisurely lunch and watched some footy and caught up on some blog/CR reading. It's been a long time since we've had a lazy Sunday afternoon.

TA

2 Comments:

At 9:38 pm, Blogger 26miles said...

Well done again Sue (& gnome). I'm not surprised though - I still think 44-45 mins is achievable - well done on joining striders and hopefully your marathon debuts come canberra 2006 ???

 
At 9:50 pm, Blogger CJ said...

It snowed and sleeted here in canberra today, brrrrr. Too too cold! Hoping that Sydney will at least be a little warmer this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home