Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Mixed Up Run before lunch with sfGnome.

I've been fighting a sore throat for 4 days now - not worse but not better. When I got to PT, Tim asked me how I was and I promised to tell if he promised not to change the session. I got the look and fessed up. He said he would slightly modify the session accordingly but tomorrow had to be an extra rest day. Apparently his pneumonia started with the same symptoms and he wants me to be very careful and besides I don't want to be sick at the snow.

Today's session started with an easy 5-6k run including a mix of hills, 30sec pickups and one longer pickup before we headed back to the park to do some downhill running practice. We then finished with some squats, lunges and stretching. I also got warned NOT to get injured in the snow otherwise I'm in big trouble!!

Angel (our daughter) walked the Bay while I was training and got back as I was doing a downhill run. She later said ' You looked like you were going so fast mum but did you have a sports bra on? It must have hurt.' Had to laugh. The funny thing is that when I first started running I was conscious of my breasts moving but now I never think about it. Guess it helps to be older and more focused on form than bounce :-)

We then headed into Balmain to have lunch with sfGnome and MacroTA at 'Nood' or as we affectionately call it, 'The Hole in the Wall'. Yummmmmmmmm.

TA

3 Comments:

At 12:35 am, Blogger Dave said...

Hi TA,

I think I ran past you today while you were doing your downhill running. I was incognito without any cool gear and by the time I realised I had pretty much reached the bridge.

Looked like you were having fun!

 
At 7:45 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

TA&G....thank you so muc for your kind comments on my blog after the GC marathon; I can only hope that you realize just how much I appreciate your encouragement & how much it helps me get back on the road again...City-to-Surf next & then Blackmore's Half marathon...hope I see you both at one or all of them!

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Good on you guys keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home