Monday, July 11, 2005

Why arn't the Hills flat?

It's a year exactly since I was diagnosed with a stress fracture in my right tibia and shin splints in both legs and I remember going to the snow 2 days later and alternating between an hour's boarding and then sitting with my legs in the snow for an hour to ice them before boarding again. (Stoopid I know). In the past, while at the snow sfGnome has done his knee and I've crushed muscles in my butt.

Well today (after work/church) we went and bought helmets, wrist gaurds, gloves and socks for our snow trip in a week and decided this year No Injuries were Allowed from anyone. Wish us luck!!

sfGnome and I eventually set out about 3pm today for our 2hr run. It was still very windy and cold but a bit nicer than this morning. sfGnome asked where did I want to go and I said not too hilly and he said good. But as we talked we both had secretly wanted to head down the valley, so off we went. As we got close to home almost 2 hours later, we reckon we had chosen the hilliest run to date. About halfway thru I decided to just repeat in my head the word 'strong' with every out breath as we went up the hills and that helped.

I managed to stay awake in church tonight but came home to find sfGnome sound asleep on the couch. We caught up with some Tour highlights and we reversed roles tonight with sfGnome heading to bed early and me watching tonight's Tour and catching up on the blogging. Thanks heavens tomorrow is a rest day - pity we have to work.

Ooh, just looked at the time. Think I might lie about sleep in the blue diary ;-).

TA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home