Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sunny Swim

I decided last night I really wanted to see the 'Tour' so got into bed about 11pm with MicroTA hopping on top of the covers next to me to watch as well. We lasted about 30 mins before falling asleep :-). Luckily Gnome came in about 12.30pm and moved MicroTA and I woke up enough to watch the rest of the team time trial. It was absolutely engrossing and I felt so sorry for Zabriskie when he went down so hard.

So after waking at 9am this morning I headed out for a gentle swim. In the back of my mind I'm toying with the idea of doing the Nepean Tri in November this year but the thought of a 1k swim has me really scared. I'm not a confident swimmer and it's 5 months since I've done any swim training. Back then the only 1k time trial I did took me 22.54.

I'd checked with Tim if I could replace my rest today with a paddle. All I want is to just get used to swimming the distance without any aids, etc. I decided to swim the 1k at a comfortable pace today doing bilateral breathing for the first 500m then alternating between breathing one side for 50m, bilateral for 50m in the second 500m. I didn't have my stopwatch with me but rough time was 23-24 mins. so I'm quite happy with that. Finished off with 300m pull bouy and paddles, 100m kick (no fins) and 100m freestyle. A most enjoyable morning in a very empty but warm pool. I could get used to this.

TA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home