Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Rolling Hills

After ignoring the alarm this morning and grabbing an extra half hour in bed I eventually got up to make MicroTA's lunch and organise payment of his band fees. sfGnome asked me when I was running but decided he couldn't come with me this morning as he had plenty to do at work. Just as well because MacroTA (married, number 1 son) rang at 8.45am to say he'd just woken up and had to be at an exam at UTS Broadway at 9.30am!! With his wife away he needed a lift pronto so good old Dad went to the rescue while I headed out for my run.

Today was an easy 12k with some rolling hills. I decided to head up New Line rd to Cherrybrook and turn left up County Dr and down into the West Pennant Hills valley before coming back out to Pennant Hills rd and home via Cardinal Av,the local soccor oval and back down Victoria rd. For the hills I focused on running the first half easy then taking the rest strongly and continuing over the top for about 10 metres before backing off. On my last hill there were 2 women chatting to each other about halfway up and they watched me come up slowly. Gave them a quick nod and then put my effort into the second half - must of thought I was a real show-off :-).

Now I really must go and do some housework. Reality bites!

TA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home