Thursday, June 23, 2005

Don't rain on my parade...

Normal Thursady morning ride to work. Overtook another rider going up over Gladesville Bridge. Turned out to be one of my staff who rides everywhere, went to the Australian Championship Mountain biking in Tassie this/last(?) year, etc, etc. he must have been going to sleep at the time I caught him, because I didn't see much of him after that! :-)

I think it would have snowed at Run club tonight if we weren't right next to the water, so it did the next best thing and rained instead (but not, of course, until we'd done the warm up & drills and were about to start the main session). Pretty short on brave (foolhardy) club members - only 8 or 9 of the old reliables. Actually, there was a new girl. She'd only been once before, on a night that was called off because of rain. I think that Mr Sartor should pay her to go and run around Warragamba...

Anyhow, to the session. The first (and as it turned out, the only) part was a 1600 time trial, as input to a Jack Daniels (the coach, not the drink) table of running/training speeds. TA did 7:31, which puts her 5k time at 25 something. Seeing she's done 24:30, she figured that she was having a slow night tonight (the torrential rain probably didn't help). However, on a closer look, her 800 split was the fastest 800 she's ever done, and the second 800 was only 10sec slower, so either the table is a little off or she's better at longer stuff than she is at the short.

As for me, I did 6:36, which relates to a sub 22min 5k. Maybe this is a good omen for the 5k challenge this weekend, who knows ;-) I did try to concentrate on better back lift on my legs - maybe it helps. I'll find out on Saturday...

sfG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home