Friday, June 10, 2005

Wecome back Matt.

Matt was the one who got me off the ground and running. He took me beyond my limits and ignited my desire to keep on improving. He suggested I do a small triathlon and then guided me through a year as I learnt to run, swim and cycle and then after 20 months he changed jobs and I had to find a new trainer. I never quite gelled with the next one and was very lucky to start with Tim late last year. We gel :-)

Anyway, Matt and I have kept contact as friends over the last 18 months and this week he rang to say he was coming back to the gym. He isn't trying to poach me back because he knows I'm very happy training with Tim but like today I can grab a PT session with him if Tim is sick (like now) or away. I get the best of both worlds.

It was a fun but hard session today. After a bike warmup, Matt decided to 'check' me out and put me through some of his old tricks - squats with the free bar then box lunges (form/leg strength), rowing (form/cardio), fitball kneel with catching and throwing a boxing glove ( core/balance), forward DB row (strength/back), sprints on bike (cardio),and abs work (core). I passed with flying colours. I was pleased to not have let him or Tim down. I then did a 3.5k treadmill run to complete the session. TA

Ps. Tim - Please get better for next week. I'm missing Saturday arvos already.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

That's some workout you had with Matt! How good is it to pass with "flying colours"? I'd be more than happy with "crawling colours" these days! LL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home