Tuesday, June 14, 2005

If 'e were an 'orse, they'd a shot 'im...

None too succesful night at Run Club last night. OK, I had spent the day helping number one son move house, but apart from all the stairs, that was basically upper body work. I noticed in the warm-up that I was really flat, but I figured that I'd get over that soon enough.

The session was long intervals - 2k, 1.5k, 1k and a firm 500 to finish. I thought that I went out OK in the 2k, running with Julia, but at about the 1.7k mark I just fell over a cliff. Julia slowed a bit but even then I couldn't keep it going (and I don't think that we were travelling particularly fast). I told her to go on and just flopped my way through the last few hundred. I took a drink, and I should have thought about why I immediately wanted to return it to the green, green grass around me - I never do that.

Anyhow, I started slower in the 1.5k, but after about 600 I felt like my body just shut down, and about 200 later I started getting a really crook gut ache. Stayed bent over for a little while, then grabbed the car keys from TA as she whizzed past and miserabled my way back to the car. All the seats were out of the back because of the move, so I grabbed a jumper for a pillow and lay down and tried to sleep (how's that for a warm down and stretch :-)

Don't know what it was, but I feel OK this morning, so it wasn't anything permanent. Just one of those days, I guess.

sfG

2 Comments:

At 12:56 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Poor gnome, sounds nasty. Hope you're feeling better soon.

 
At 10:22 pm, Blogger Bennyr said...

We've all had days like this one, Gnome.

Call it character building, which sounds a lot better than "a stinking #$%&^ of a run".

Cheers,
Ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home