Thursday, June 16, 2005

A very model of consistency...

Top night at run club tonight (don't tell TA - she's "very annoyed" that she had to work). We did the Rollercoaster. Not, as you may expect, a hill session, but a sequence of 200, 400, 800, 400 and repeat with reasonably short recovery breaks.

The good news is that I felt good the whole way, with just a slight twinge in the groin after pushing pretty hard on the final couple. The even better news is that I really flew (for me) around some of the shorter lengths. On one of the middle 400s, Tim sent off group 2 first, waited until they were at the end of the straight and said "OK, catch 'em". Andrew got to the back of the pack in the back straight - I didn't see whether he caught everyone - but the back of the pack were half way up the back straight when I got to the start, so I knew I had made up half the ground. I just flew around the last curve and picked up two or three people. I don't think that I've ever run so fast in my life, and the really good part was that it just felt *good*.

Tim's response was "Throwing up on Monday, absolutely flying tonight - the very model of consistency..." :-) :-)

The journo from the Herald was there, taking full part in the whole session. It was really interesting seeing him transformed from a galumpher (definitely not a shuffler) to something resembling a runner in just one night. Pity he won't be back. He's got the size to have a good stride on him. Now we get to see what he thought about it on Saturday.

sfG

3 Comments:

At 8:02 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Andrew caught me, just. Like your description of the pressman!

 
At 11:13 pm, Blogger miners said...

Can't wait to see the gnome up in lights - I expect there'll be press conferences and morning tv show appearances galore after Saturday's news article.

 
At 3:45 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Celebrities already! Now I'll just have to buy the paper & then I'll be able to casually boast to neighbours : "Oh, I know these people!"

Thanks for the reassuring comment on my blog....sometimes I do wonder though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home