Friday, July 01, 2005

Preparing to fly...

but in the wrong direction :-( It's not that I don't want to be going to Tasmania to see my sister and celebrate Duncan's wedding, I really do. It's just that I'd like to be doing that on a different weekend to the Gold Coast Half. Go well, CRs. We'll be thinking of you.

Tiger angel's program called for a 12k run with 4x3minute pushes today, so we did it this morning early. Not sure about how exact the 12k was, but we ran for 75 minutes so I guess that's close enough. Pushed it nice and hard for the last k just for fun. Another nice run :-)

I had another one of those 'bing' moments yesterday. I was prodding a girl at work to sponsor me (We're raising money for Bear Cottage - a hospice for terminally ill children run by the Children's Hospital - by getting sponsorship for running the City to Surf). She looked at the poster I'd made and said "Is that you? Are you a jogger?". Without thinking, I said no, I'm a runner. I don't know what made me say it. I'm not even sure what the difference might be, but it's nice to think that even my subconscious thinks of me that way :-) :-) Very chuffed, but not exactly sure why :-)

sfG

2 Comments:

At 3:55 pm, Blogger allrounder said...

thought i'd visit your blog after you so kindly left a comment on mine...glad to hear from fellow Team Bear Cottage runners!

don't know if i will buy CR gear but i'll be the one running with a camelbak!

 
At 4:21 pm, Blogger Jen said...

That's because you are a runner Gnome!!

J

PS Might see you at runclub on Thursday night...

PPS Did Lorna tell you that there was a gnome (complete with hat and beard) competing in the 7.5km walk at GC ??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home