Sunday, July 10, 2005

21 today

Friday I messaged Tim to see what I needed for PT and got back the message 'running shoes and a bucket'. Yikes!! Images of vomiting sprang to mind and I began to wonder what was ahead. I decided it must be 1k intervals as those can make me chuck.

I wasn't far wrong. The session was to be 3x1200 tempos and then weights. After 2 laps warmup and a few run thrus I started. It was extremely windy on the oval and then the rain came. The first 1200 was 6.03 (HR 170), 2.5min walking recovery and the next one was 6.09 (HR 169). Tim said that was enough. I immediately quipped 'that crap hey' but he assured me my form was good and I'd done what was needed and besides I'd run track Thursday, hills Friday and he wanted me to do a 2hr run Sunday as well as a good wts session next.

For weights we did 21's. These are fun. You do a warmup set of the exercise then do 7x full range of the exercise, 7x top half of the range then 7x bottam half of the range. A short break and repeat. Boy, you feel it in the targetted muscle. We started with the smaller muscle groups and finished with legs before doing some ab work and a lap cooldown. A really comprehensive workout and my shoulder has been pain free since.

TA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home