Friday, July 08, 2005

Teacher's Pet

It just goes to show what a little advertising can do! A small article in Saturday's Herald on Freespirit's Run Club drew about 15 new people. It was kinda funny going back to the whole basic technique/drills/etc for an entire night, but I think it was a really good session for them all to start with, and it didn't hurt us "old" (Tim's description) people to have a whole night concentrating just on that.

All the fast blokes piked out tonight, leaving yours truely at the head of the pack (a most uncommon position, I can tell you!). We did 3 simple drills (upright, butt kicks and high knees) with 3x400m after each one to consolidate the lesson of the drill. I like running 400s these days. I started fairly conservatively, but even though I pushed each new one harder than before, I really don't think that I reached my max. These are interesting days... TA was pretending to be annoyed at my new-found speed, so when Tim remarked that I had 'leaned up' and later commented positively on my style, I copped the whole "Teacher's Pet" thing (all tongue in cheek, I should add :-). Obviously it's time to start eating more and running less just to get back in her good books :-) :-)

The ride into work this morning was really strange. I started cramping in my calves half way along the M2. This is really strange because
a. I never cramp, and
b. this is only about 5k into the ride and it's all pretty much down hill or flat to that point - in other words, I hadn't even begun to work hard yet.
I felt crap all the way in, but still got there in the same time as usual. I'll never understand. Anyhow, it's a 10k hills run in the morning, so I'd better go to bed a few hours ago :-)

sfG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home