Friday, July 29, 2005

Blown away

You know how, when you're standing on a platform a bit too close to the edge and a through train roars past; there's the shock of the unexpected followed by the frisson of excitment? Not rare on a platform, but utterly suprising on an oval. You can read the Mad Guz's blog and marvel at the times that he considers a slow run, but wait until he runs past you. WOW!

Be nice to think that we were training together (I guess that's what I'll tell my grandkids :-), but we just happened to be at the same park at the same time. Back down to earth gnome...

The session was firm paced 800s, interspersed by 2, 4 and 6 minutes of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off hard intervals. I was delighted to discover that I really enjoyed them. Maybe it was the fact that you got the reward of stopping every 30 seconds - sure beats waiting 30 minutes or an hour for the same reward, and then you only get it once :-)

CR5k tomorrow. I'm torn between running off 23 again on the assumption that I'll be slower this time (PB last time at 22:11), or going off 22 and maybe getting left behind??? I guess I'll wait and see who's running what. Definitely not confident like I was last time though. Ain't the brain strange...

sfG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home