Saturday, July 16, 2005

There's Snow in the Air Today.

Arrived at the Bay for PT about 4pm this afternoon and it was freezing and extremely windy. M was just finishing her session so we set off for a yak while she did 2 cooldown laps and I did 2 warmup laps. It was nice to catch up.

Tim explained the idea for today's session was to sharpen me up for the snow without making me sore - a mixture of upper body weights, a bit of running and some abs. For the weights we did supersets of medium weight and high reps. The shoulder remains good.

As for the running , alternating orange and green cones were set up covering about 250m around the track. Orange meant easier pace and green faster pace. The "easier" cones were farther apart and the "faster" cones closer at the beginning but as you progressed around the track the "easier" length decreased as the "faster" length increased. A mixture of float/pickups, 10k pace/3k pace and 10k/flatout had me breathing hard. It was so windy it was almost like doing hills on the flat.

Tomorrow we go to the snow and we are very excited. Where else can you go and do a squat session for 6-7 hours a day combined with high altitude training :-). We have arranged to meet up with Go Girl in Thredbo where we're both staying. So keep an eye out for a 'CoolRunners in the snow' photo.

TA

5 Comments:

At 2:57 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Looking forward to the photo! Have a great time - its too cold for me!

 
At 3:42 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

I hope you have a fantastic time in the snow guys. Looking forward to the photos.

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Have a fab time at the snow.. good clean mountain air.. lovely!

 
At 3:56 pm, Blogger miners said...

Oh, snowboarding is my REAL passion and I haven't been for ages! I am so ridiculously jealous. Wish you had room to pack me in your suitcase :(

 
At 4:37 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Minersrun is far too big to pack in your suitcase, but I'm not!! Have a wonderful time & look forward to seeing lots of pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home