Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Is this a record??

I had a choice last night. I could either
  • do my 12k in the cold & dark starting at 10pm
  • get up at 6am and do it in the colder (though not darker) then, or
  • go to work early and run in the warmth & sunshine at lunchtime
Hey, guess which I chose! :-)

I tried to measure out the 12k using that beaut new measuring tool based on GoogleEarth, but unfortunately the satellite photos of Balmain/Rozelle are quite poor, so trying to trace the roads was more guesswork than anything. (If you don't know about the tool, here's a link to TA's run yesterday). Anyhow, the run went well, if a little breezy.

I was conscious of not pushing myself - this was not supposed to be a hard session - so I stuck to what I think of as my '3' pace, ie breathe in for three steps, breathe out for 3. It's not quite a 'chat easily' pace, but it's also not a 'shut-up, I'm trying to run' pace either :-) There'll be plenty of time for that tomorrow night as it's 3k TT night at Run Club. For the record, I think it's definitely not going to be a pb. This close to the C2S (one of my target races), there's no way that I'm going to risk some dumb injury. (I'm getting so excited about Sunday - sad isn't it! :-))

Anyhow, what's the record that I referred to in the title? I ran around the bay and through Balmain and Rozelle, and I didn't see a single cool runner. That's not normal... :-)

sfG

2 Comments:

At 10:02 am, Blogger miners said...

Certainly not sad getting excited about C2S mate! Still my favourite race. Hope you get the google maps sorted - I'll take some tips from you when you do!

 
At 10:29 am, Blogger Hannah said...

I really must try those google map thingos.... probably better than my piece of string and a street directory!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home