Wednesday, August 31, 2005

OUCH

Ooh.... have my quads been sore. At work Monday I almost told any customer that wanted a medicine from the bottom shelf to come back later in the week. It hurt so much to bend or use stairs and to add to it, my chest still wasn't right. So I joined Gnome and MicroTA and started on antibiotics. The house is much quieter without the three of us coughing :-). Enjoyed a rest day.

Tuesday morning was a bike session. Warmup, 8x (30secs hard/30 spin), 2 min spin, 4 x (60secs hard/30spin) cooldown. Someone suggested I put a towel under my bike when using the windtrainer at home and I now know why. The sweat just pours off but I like this session. The quads felt a lot better after this but were still a bit sore at work that day.

Today was another rest day and at last I'm walking and not wincing. I've decided it's time to start thinking about tri's again and rang Jan to arrange a date to start cycling together. She's got a big music exam late Sept and isn't risking riding (she was with me when I had my accident and is wary) till after that. So hopefully I can get a couple of rides in before we start - then I may be able to keep up with her.

TA

2 Comments:

At 8:55 am, Blogger miners said...

Yay! Another Tri-convert for summer!

Glad you enjoyed the spin class. Next time, try and go for a little run on the treadmill straight after (or a run outside the building) just to get used to getting your legs moving again.

In fact, we always joke that if you forget the towel for the spin class, you could almost swim in the sweat you produce so you could actually train in all 3 disciplines in the one spot!

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Oh no, another one on their bike. Each entry I read that concerns cycling is making me increasingly guilty - I think its time for me and my bike to become reacquainted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home